This page provides information about currently available internships to undergraduate students. Opportunities will be posted as they're received. Please contact Mike Bernard, Academic Program Administrator for contact information for any of these opportunities.
Internships on J-Connect
Be sure to check your JHU Career Center's J-connect account for a host of internship and career opportunities not posted here.
Intuitive Surgical - posted February 21, 2011
See their posting online.
Accenture - posted February 7, 2011
Accenture, a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, is recruiting this Spring at Johns Hopkins for summer consulting internships. Deadline for all internship applications is February 18, 2011.
If you are looking to launch a career in consulting, there is no better way to get started than with a summer internship at Accenture, ranked as the No. 9 Best Internship by Bloomberg BusinessWeek. As a consulting intern, you will get hands-on consulting experience to take forth and apply in your future career.
To be considered for an interview, please submit your resume through J-Connect no later than midnight on Friday, February 18, 2011. Read information below for more details on how to apply:
Step 1. Apply through J-Connect
Step 2. You must ALSO apply to Accenture’s online job system
Enter “Keyword or Job Number” in the search function to apply:
00114650 – Consulting Analyst Intern – Application Development & Management
We are seeking highly motivated individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to meet client travel requirements, when applicable
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Boston Scientific - posted January 27, 2011
Boston Scientific is one of the world’s largest medical device companies dedicated to less-invasive medicine, recruiting interns for Summer 2011. Boston Scientific's College Recruiting Program provides students opportunities at all of our sites across the country. They help develop interns in their academic field of study, as well as educate them in the medical device industry.
Engineering Interns have provided support in the design, development and testing of our products on the front end as well as provided manufacturing, packaging and quality support on the back end. Their interns are integral team members whose ideas are encouraged and supported. As a BSC Engineering Intern, you will see first hand how your work can help improve someone’s life.
Their internships tend to be very intense, focused projects that are fun, but a lot of work! Examples of internships from past summers are as follows:
- MATLAB-based signal processing / algorithm development / data mining
- Prospective and retrospective data analysis from various data sources, including bench testing, animal studies and clinical studies
- Hardware analysis / testing dealing with RF / magnetics / MRI compatibility
- Development of methods and study of coating distribution and uniformity on devices such as stents
- Fundamental studies of coating properties and thin film characteristics
- Photostability and/or forced degradation testing to support product development efforts
- Support of critical development builds through mechanical and analytical testing. e.g. Characterization of acute and chronic coating integrity, particulates, drug release dynamics, etc.
Submit your resume for the Boston Scientific job posting at the JHU Career Center website (https://jhu-csm.symplicity.com/students/) by February 6.
Boston Scientific will at the Spring 2011 Career Fair on February 17.
Medtronic - info session on September 29, 2010
Medtronic is hosting an information session on Wednesday, September 29 at 7:00 p.m. in Mason Hall. Learn about career and internship opportunities in technologies that treat chronic disease.
Go back to the Mechanical Engineering Careers and Internships page.